Friday, April 1, 2011

Intercape Sux

Intercape Buslines is absolute Cr@p.  Windhoek to Livingstone should be 15 hours and this trip took around 21.  I should have known that something was going to be wrong after leaving Windhoek with the smell of burning rubber filling the cabin. Needless to say someone was sent out to fix it but that takes time so +1 hour so far.   At 5am after a stop in a filling station a "ball bearing" broke which I would find to be mechanically quite hard but either way add yourself another +5.  Oddly enough the town we were stuck in had a unusually high amount of funeral homes for a small little village.  I counted 3 in 20 minutes within 1km of where the bus broke down.  Maybe the locals knew more about the Intercape bus than I did.  Lastly upon fixing a ball bearing, do you know where they could get that part from? the AC broke and let me tell you.  Thats just not cool + 1 hour.



Here is the Intercape Corporate video shown on the bus about 20 times.   I'm pretty sure that its all about things that they want to do with the service but are not actually in effect at this time.  I also missed the praises to Jesus thankfully.